Globalization, social capital, education
The key thesis of the paper is that social capital is important for integration and civil society, because it is based on different contacts and networks, in which people participate. The other issues are:
- education is a main stimulus for social capital;
- education is an environment for approval of approaches and models for socialization.
There are basically presented empirical data obtained by the South West University sociological project carried out at 2013 with 4 year students. The outcomes of the present paper are:
- The groups affect the individual through neighborhood contacts and connections.
- Students are disappointed by the economic situation and political elite in the country.
- Students have little trust in institutions.
- Education is a factor for social capital and mobility.
- Students insist on the disciplinary mission of education and its related activities.
The paper conclusion is that social capital is a precondition for attainment actors' aims and education has a vital contribution to this.
Copyright (c) 2013 Academic seminar "Media and Education", Department of Sociology, South-West University
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.